Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound recording in dos mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam_mafia

hello everyone,
my query is is there any program through which we can record sound in dos mode????like a program in c would solve the purpose
thanx in advance

can it be done

is it possible ....can a program be written and start recording jus like the sound recorder in windows??????

jam_mafia said:
hello everyone,
my query is is there any program through which we can record sound in dos mode????like a program in c would solve the purpose
thanx in advance
not impossible..but tooo difficult , may be u check the soundblaster libraries (i/f with soundcard) and wav file formats.

Google for Sound Blaster and Galaxy Windows 3.1 and you might find a DOS program that will capture from the Sound card IO address and write to a file.

What sound card are you using?

Or write one if you can get the IO information (map) for the sound card you have. But write it to a file, as Nigel says, low RAM will be a problem.

ten years ago (maybe more like fifteen), had direct to disk sound recording tools and playback tools for "real" DOS (I believe they required himem and possibly emm386)

but I imagine those tools are no longer supplied with modern sound cards.

you might check auction sites for ancient sound blaster's with the original disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back