Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sounding device identify help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hello,

Can someone help me identify where this type of electrical sounding device is used , and manufacturer of these. What I guess is its a type of horn for sometype of boat ?

**broken link removed**

Regards
-Adi

It's a horn, and horns that look like this often handle high audio frequencies, as in public address systems. I would suggest you read the label to find out the manufacturer, but I suspect you don't have the horn.

It's a horn, and horns that look like this often handle high audio frequencies, as in public address systems. I would suggest you read the label to find out the manufacturer, but I suspect you don't have the horn.

It seems you are close enough , could you suggest similar devices ?. As can be seen in the pic its an exponential one and the throat looks like a feet or a more longer .

Thanks

Similar devices? Other exponential horns.... what did you intend to build?

I've seen an exponential horn woofer that has an opening of 2 meters.

Similar devices? Other exponential horns.... what did you intend to build?

I've seen an exponential horn woofer that has an opening of 2 meters.

What my intention of building is a hi frequency long range speaker for concerts which could reach in straight directions and produce stereo like effects . Say you hear streaks of different frequencies as you try to move in different directions .

I just did a search for exponential horns. Bose makes some. You can also search for manufacturers because you have a computer that goes "on line".

As for streaks...I was once in a church that had boxes of (6) 6 inch speakers, in horizontal boxes around the room. You knew exactly when you were in the exact center of an array!
Point is, horns don't make streaks. The way you stack speakers makes streaks.

I have been searching these for 3 days but what I get most of the times is these **broken link removed** and those conventional round megaphones that people use . I wonder if, the pic that I attach has some technical name or brand name ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back