Sourcing a small 16x1/16x2 LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been trying to source a small 16x1,16x2 or 16x4 HD44780 or compatible LCD display. I would like it to be a well known supplier that people know are are reliable. I have found lots of results however i need the display to have small characters that have the approximate size of a standard 4x20 display just not as many digits.

I need the lcd to be small because it is going into a remote control that only has a width of ≈79mm. I also do not want the text to be over empowering of the remote itself

Thanks, Dave

I had a look at that display and even know it looks great I was still thinking on a text LCD. I have recently noticed that the size i would like is the size that are used in some vending machines and some HP Laser printers.

Thanks for your suggestion though,

Dave

Dave,
I use a small module from RS.. It's 16x2, very small, and easy to use.. Got one on my rocketry flight computer.. Nice little display.

Theale | Optoelectronics and Displays | Displays | LCD Displays - Alphanumeric | Alphanumeric |16203STFY

If you want a piccie, pm me..

Cheers,
Paul.

Thanks everyone for the replies,

Shax, I really like the look of the display. However at first glance the size looks very small so for size is it possible if you can send me a picture of it. Thanks

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…