Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spartan 3 fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya417

i am making a fpga project in which i am tryin to control a motor via a wireless link..plse see the diagram. now i want to have a feedback bak on the master computer as to how much motor has moved.for that i am using a slotted circular disc and IR sensors as n wen slots come light is sensed n in other matters it is blocked so i get a high low train.
my question is how do i make the pin high or low in fpga as n wen the sensor produces 0v and 5v. and how will i connect the output of ir sensor to fpga pins?

Attachments

• IMG_0044[1].JPG
    IMG_0044[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 120
@ cobra
i knw i am overdoin things... its not something which am doin by choice. i ve been told as part of my project. so ne ideas now??

aditya417-- the answers to your questions are easily found by just reading the spartan user's guide, which should be available on Xilinx's website. The I/O pins are configurable, so all you have to do is configure them for the levels you want to connect. However, some FPGA's are not 5V tolerant ( BUT, I believe Spartan FPGA's are ) So look at the users guide and see if you can connect 5V. If so then great! If not, then you'll need to use a resistor divider to get the VOH into spec. Also, the pins have configurable pullups, pulldowns, etc, so you can talor the I/O's to your particular needs. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back