spartan 3 fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya417

i am making a fpga project in which i am tryin to control a motor via a wireless link..plse see the diagram. now i want to have a feedback bak on the master computer as to how much motor has moved.for that i am using a slotted circular disc and IR sensors as n wen slots come light is sensed n in other matters it is blocked so i get a high low train.
my question is how do i make the pin high or low in fpga as n wen the sensor produces 0v and 5v. and how will i connect the output of ir sensor to fpga pins?

Attachments

• IMG_0044[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 120
@ cobra
i knw i am overdoin things... its not something which am doin by choice. i ve been told as part of my project. so ne ideas now??

aditya417-- the answers to your questions are easily found by just reading the spartan user's guide, which should be available on Xilinx's website. The I/O pins are configurable, so all you have to do is configure them for the levels you want to connect. However, some FPGA's are not 5V tolerant ( BUT, I believe Spartan FPGA's are ) So look at the users guide and see if you can connect 5V. If so then great! If not, then you'll need to use a resistor divider to get the VOH into spec. Also, the pins have configurable pullups, pulldowns, etc, so you can talor the I/O's to your particular needs. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…