Special Electronics circuit questions! (Trans Controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevinLeBlanc

Hello all, Thought I would introduce my self.. I live in las vegas and have always been into electronics.. I won 1st place in the 5th and 6th grade science fairs for building electronic circuits.. Anyways my hobby has been lately is drag racing (I know has nothing to do with electronics) But what I am trying to make is a Automatic transmission controller.. Basically after doing quite a bit of research I have found that I would need to use a 2 bit synchronous (did I spell that right?) counter that will control relays that send voltage to two solenoids.. This will allow me to up shift/downshift the transmission via button's..

Here is how the two solenoids control the transmission and corresponding gears

UP SHIFT S 1 S 2

1st Gear ON OFF

2nd Gear ON ON

3rd Gear OFF ON

4th Gear OFF OFF

So if I can build a circuit that can output voltage on certain pins of a IC that would hook up to the relays and send voltage to correspond with the push button.. Its easier if you think of the solenoids as lights I guess.. It would also have to be able to count down in the opposite order of counting up.. Hope you can understand what Im talking about..

Thanks,
Devin

Last edited:
Asked and answered, here. (read the entire thread)

Also read TCMTECH's posting, here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…