Spin Drive

This idea is inspired by a book I was reading called "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir. There was a device called the spin drive, it was the shape of a prism, one side of the device would have Astrophage Deposited, one side would discharge the energy, the third side would wipe the spent Astrophage off.

The DC rectifier's circuit is a square. In three dimensions, this circuit could be made to form an equilateral triangle.

I want to supply microwave plasma with alternating current. Each side of this device would have an array of microwave plasma wave guides and nozzles. I have read that microwave plasma torches succumb to entropy and that they have to be turned off occasionally. If there were three waveguides and nozzles arranged on the faces of the equilateral triangle we can have more continuous thrust.

If each face of this prism(or a more complex geometry) has an array of waveguides, magnetrons, and nozzles, there is redundancy built into the design for failsafe and for robustness of successful "ignition" of the plasma.

So, each individual magnetron has a DC rectifier that is wired to it. The rectifier receives Positive and Negative from pins or brushes that contact the nozzles of other waveguides that are pointed in the Positive or Negative direction. The three sides of the Prism are Positive, Negative, and Ground. It is for a spaceship so its pretty advanced.

Sorry about the loss of your duchy. Perhaps what you learned on the small island will continue to protect Miranda and discover the materials you need. Keep us informed.

The DC rectifier's circuit is a square. In three dimensions, this circuit could be made to form an equilateral triangle.
An equilateral triangle is a two-dimensional construct, not three, and is a reduction of a square, not an extension.

Separate from that, note that in n-dimensional space-time, DC cannot exist if n is greater than 4.

ak

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…