spray emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfroslie

I need to find a way to control spray mists - such as the mist emitted from a perfume bottle. I would like to use small pumps and small bottles of liquid. I know how to use microprocessors, but have little knowledge of the pumps and system needed to move the liquid through the nozzle.

Can anyone give me suggestions please?

How much do you want to spray? Do you want the liquid source to be continuous?

One way to get intermittant aerosols is to use a tuning fork dipped in the liquid or a suspended steel rod with one end dipped and the other tapped on with some device, which is the same principle as the tuning fork. For continuous flow, consider a print head from a piezo printer, such as the Epson. John

How far do you wish the spray to reach, and how fast? Do you want a quick burst, steady stream. Is this more of a mist/fog? Guess it would be best to tell us what you are trying to do, what results are you looking for?

I would like it to be a burst - more of a mist.

the project will be a wearable device that emitts the burst in an area near a user's nose (not on it). Ultimately, it is an artwork that will be self-supporting - I intend to have all the liquids (in small bottles), electronics, pumps, ect. on the wearable unit. It will then interact with other artworks by producing aroma.

Yes, that sounds correct. I would rather not use the plastic heads usually found on the perfume bottles, but a metal part to attach to tubes would be nice. I will need to order in slight quantity. I have not found a good resource for such.

I am also having difficulty understanding how a small pump would work in this manner and where to find that pump.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…