Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SR latch for 12 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

Ok I want to make a cicuit in which I will need a set reset latch that can run off 12 volts power supply and that can pilot the gate of a mosfet (IRF540 I think)

ok thats nice thanks but I was thinking more of an ic perhaps, I need to pilot the latch with outputs of comparators with a pullup resistor infact perhaps I am not to sure what I'm asking here is there a difference between latch and flipflop ? I'm a bit rusty will have to go and readup a bit, basically I will be creating the same sort of circuit as that contained in a 555 but with different resistance ratios, I'd like a couple of mhz speed if possible this is powrr supply related

Thanks for the circuit ideas hotwaterwizard.

Thunderchild,
I still don't understand what you want.

If you want simple but low powered use an IC flip-flop like the CD4017.

If you want to use a NE555 timer then use one.

SR-latch.

Hi Thunderchild,

I think I've got a rough idea what sort of integrated circuit you are
looking for, probably the NE521 or NE522 from Signetics, both obsolete.
Now there is only one that comes close to these older chips, the LM361.

**broken link removed**

It has only one comparator and two internal nand gates. Both gates have
an output and a strobe input which can be used externally. So if you want
to copy the internal structure of the 555 you gonna need two LM361's
and combine one gate from each circuit to form a SR-latch. The LM361's
operate from +/- 15 volts opamp supplies AND a separate +5 volts
for the digital part of the circuit.

on1aag.

Thunderchild said:
Ok I want to make a cicuit in which I will need a set reset latch that can run off 12 volts power supply and that can pilot the gate of a mosfet (IRF540 I think)

For what speed? And why does it have to be at 12V? A 3V circuit can drive hundreds of volts with a cascode driver. The circuit is still used in high power RF since it has the benefit of high speed operation as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cascode-FET.jpg

Just put your 12V on the upper gate and your logic command signal on the lower one.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back