SRF04 + Bargraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaruk

First - I am very, very new to PICs and don't feel confident to develop this project all on my own. Hence this request to you amazingly clever and innovative people!

I work in the heavy transport industry. Reversing a 13 metre trailer up to a loading dock is more often than not done by touch! Trailers and loading deck get damaged.

I want to develop a simple parking sonar device, using a pair of transducer modules (one on each side of the trailer rear to take care of non-parallel approach) and a bargraph showing the distance from each module to the loading dock.

I thought of using a pair of SRF04 modules, a PIC and two bargraph displays.

Once I had come up with the concept, I realised I haven't the faintest idea of how to implement the idea.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

I'd recommend downloading Proton Lite, and having a read through the help file and Protons Forums, this would be a very easy program to create with PIC Basic.

**broken link removed**

This device would also be very easy to interface with, and it offers quite a lot of features;
**broken link removed**

* 0 - 255 inches range with 1 inch resolution
* 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor
* New LV version operates from 2.5-5.5V
* Low 2mA supply current
* 20Hz reading rate
* RS232 Serial Output - 9600bps
* Analog Output - 10mV/inch
* PWM Output - 147uS/inch
* Small, light weight module

To read how far away the object is would be as simple as;

Video: https://www.box.net/shared/q6mhhh4bu8

Code:
Device = 16F877
XTAL = 4

Dim Distance as Float

DECLARE ADIN_RES 10 		' 10-bit result required 
DECLARE ADIN_TAD FRC 		' RC OSC chosen 
DECLARE ADIN_STIME 50 		' Allow 50us sample time

LCD_DTPIN = PORTB.4
LCD_RSPIN = PORTB.2
LCD_ENPIN = PORTB.3
LCD_INTERFACE = 4
LCD_LINES = 2
LCD_TYPE = 0

ADCON1 = %10000000 			' Set analogue input, Vref is Vdd
Input PORTA.0
Input PORTA.1

DelaymS 100
Cls

Main:

Distance = ADIN 0                           ' Grab the digital value of PORTA.0

Distance = Distance * 5 / 1023          ' Convert to volts

Distance = Distance / 0.010               ' Find out how many 10mV go into it

Print At 1, 1, "D1 = ", Dec1 Distance, 34, "  "

Distance = ADIN 1                            ' Grab the digital value of PORTA.1

Distance = Distance * 5 / 1023             ' Convert to volts

Distance = Distance / 0.010                 ' Find out how many 10mV go into it

Print At 2, 1, "D2 = ", Dec1 Distance, 34, "  "

Goto Main

For more information on any command, simply have a look at the Proton help file for that command

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…