Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

starting 16pro40 and programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

firsthightower

hellow everyone!

i build the programmer and tested it. When turning on te power for the first time not only the green led was lit but also the two other red-ones (the yellow one was still out). I fixed that on a strange way (clean the leads with a brush) and now only the green led is lit. The voltages are fine like they should be.
Now connecting the programmer to the pc the yellow led is lit too, what is a good sign, it should be like this. Now running winpicprog nothing happens. In the program the only thing that is able to do is "disassembling" and when reading through the help-file the buttons like "load","write"... should also be "on". I asume that the sofware doesn't recognise that my programmer is attached to my pc => how to solve this problem?

Like i read in the help-file i need to open a .HEX-file, but how do i create a file like this? With another softwareprogram?

plz help me out, i need this for my project (sensorrobot).
Thx in advance

You create a HEX file using an assembler, either MPASM or MPLAB (which calls MPASM) from MicroChip are what you need.

However, there's not much point until you get your programmer working!.

WinPicProg has manual toggle buttons on the Hardware screen, you can use these to manually switch the outputs, so you can check the voltages with a meter. You can also manually select your parallel port address there.

Note! - the programmer must be powered up before you run WinPicProg, it autodetects the programmer so the programmer needs to be powered for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back