Starting an ATX power supply with piezo sw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm working on a small project which is nearly completed, I have 100 white LEDs and 100 colour change LEDs wired to a modified ATX power supply. I was going to switch this supply on using a normal throw switch to connect the pwon/pwgrnd (green/grey) wires but I have found a switch that I would like to use instead on the RS website here :

www.rswww.com
then enter :
665-641
as the part number to search for.

It is a piezo actuated pushbutton switch which is momentary. Does anyone have a simple circuit I can use with this switch to turn the PSU on and off ?

regards
Malc

OK i've now maybe decided to scrap that idea but am wondering about using this :

**broken link removed**

how can I wire the PSU to use this switch? The powersupply starting voltage is 5v when connected to any ground wire it starts up. Would I connect the +5vPSU to + on the switch, and the same wire to OUT on the switch then groundPSU to 0v on the switch ?? I can't get my head around it.......

I'm wondering if there is a timer circuit that I can use with these switches, if I use the pulse capacitor switch could I use this with a timer that switches the PSU on for say 10 mins? Can anyone come up with a citcuit I can use for this?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…