Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stary night celing

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

I was just thinking of those super expensive houses that have celings that have fiber optics in them to make it look like a stary night. I was thinking of doing this same thing. Anyone know what the best way to get id say 20 clusters of leds to slowly dim in and out at ransom times??

ya know, stores like Spencer Gifts and other novelty shops sell gizmos like that. Heck, some even rotate. Fisher Scientific and Edmund Scientific sell home planetarium kits that will project constellations on to your ceiling. You could always buy one and modify it to auto dim.

I modded a tabletop christmas tree that had 4 colored LED's that "faded" on/off last year, replacing the stock flashing bulbs in it. With the fibre optics it looked great, and I ended up making five of them for friends as well. Each one was just a PIC 12F675, four resistors and 4 LED's. It worked by simply pulse modulating the LED's in software. Easy, compact (there was little room in the base) and very effective. I'm sure you could use the same method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back