Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Driver 3179 + encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
I Have a Unipolar stepper driver, KIT 3179 Unipolar Stepper driver, it has a STEP pin and a DIR pin, this board is a standalone stepper board and can be connected to a computer. I would like to know if it's possible to hook up a encoder (A, B, 0v & 5~12V), to the stepper Step & DIR pins to make the motor move?

Is rotary encoder output's a PWM signal?

Freddy

Attachments

• 3179.pdf
    364.1 KB · Views: 316
Hi everyone,
I Have a Unipolar stepper driver, KIT 3179 Unipolar Stepper driver, it has a STEP pin and a DIR pin, this board is a standalone stepper board and can be connected to a computer. I would like to know if it's possible to hook up a encoder (A, B, 0v & 5~12V), to the stepper Step & DIR pins to make the motor move?

Is rotary encoder output's a PWM signal?

Freddy

hi,
Usually rotatary encoders output a quadrature signal pattern, not PWM.
Which encoder are you considering using.???

hi,
Usually rotatary encoders output a quadrature signal pattern, not PWM.
Which encoder are you considering using.???

Hi,
The encoder i'm using is a Omron here is a link of the product:E6A2 Incremental Rotary Encoder | Singapore | Omron IA, I also uploaded a pdf file.

ok, so the signal output of an encoder is called quadrature. I know if i apply a PWM to the Step pin of the Stepper Driver board the stpper motor would turn, is there a way to convert Quadrature signals to PWM?

Freddy

Attachments

• Omron - E6A2-Cw3.pdf
    310 KB · Views: 626
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back