Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

aa5ilmd

Hello,
I have a stepper motor and I want to control it using a pc but I have a problem with the stepper motor connections.There are six cables and only 3 colors are different other 3 colors are same.You can see in the picture easily.Can you help me?Thanks.

**broken link removed**

aa5ilmd said:
Hello,
I have a stepper motor and I want to control it using a pc but I have a problem with the stepper motor connections.There are six cables and only 3 colors are different other 3 colors are same.You can see in the picture easily.Can you help me?Thanks.

**broken link removed**
hi,
Its a unipolar motor.
You can see 2 sets of 3 wires.
Measure the resistance of say the first set, the highest resistance is across two pairs of wires are the two phase wires and the centre is the +V supply wire.
Do the same for the other set of 3 wires.

Do you follow this??

EDIT:
Perhaps this drawing will help.
Once you have identified the phases, use a low voltage power supply or 1.5V battery and connect the centre wire of each full winding and touch a phase wire to the other end of the battery.
Note which way the motor spindle jumps a step, repeat for the other windings, this will give you an idea how to connect the transistor drivers so that the motor steps in a rotational motion as each winding is energised.

Last edited:
Thank you Eric
This tutorial is very helpful.You are really an experienced member.Thanks again from Turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back