Stepper Motor input wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheshcet

Hi... i am using a stepper motor from canon printer,... which works at 12V..
i am using L293D to drive it... the stepper is bipolar with 4 inputs ....
the colours of the wires are yellow orange black brown......
kindly help me in identifying the input wires ..i am not well verse with the colour codes...

also point out the problems in using the L293D IC....!!!
thanks in advance

The L293 handles the logic, but won't handle the load... need a driver for the motor. The wires, we could only guess, but you can use a meter to test which wires go to which coils. Search the forum, there is a link to a website goes into great detail about stepper motors, L293, and drivers.

With the motors i used,ULN 2003,2004 etc worked fine.. it can handle upto 500 mA.those are commonly used Darlington ICs.. hope it ll suit ur needs.. as for wires,plz try the link below..
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Usually bipolar stepper has 4 wires- 2 motor windings. So just try measure resistance between 2 wires, that's one motor winding, the other 2 wires is another winding.

According to L293D specs, it can take 600mA. So if your motor takes less than that then you can use this IC. Just connect one winding of the motor to pin 3 and 6. The other winding to pin 11 and 14.

Hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…