Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor project clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am trying to do the stepper motor project, i have got a schematic from internet. I have purchased the PM35S-048-FEE6 stepper motor. Could somebody please suggest me whether the stepper motor works with the L293D driver? One more clarification instead of controlling through the microcontroller, can I control using some simple circuitry? This is the first time I am working on stepper motor.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Satya

A search on this forum for "L293" will give you 200 topics to sort through.

Hi All,

I am trying to do the stepper motor project, i have got a schematic from internet. I have purchased the PM35S-048-FEE6 stepper motor. Could somebody please suggest me whether the stepper motor works with the L293D driver? One more clarification instead of controlling through the microcontroller, can I control using some simple circuitry? This is the first time I am working on stepper motor.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Satya

that chip is an ancient piece of crap... use an allegro step direction chip -then you can "run" it with an oscillator to set the speed

Thankyou for the replies, I already had the L293D IC so just assembled the circuit. I am just struck up at the point and some suggestion would help to complete the circuit. I have to generate the control signals as follows

Step wire 1 wire 2
1 low high
2 high high
3 high low
4 low low

Now my doubt is instead of using Microcontroller how to generate these sequence of signals continuously? Is it possible to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Satya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back