Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor to make ac power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jareeb

how much power could a steeper motor make if it was spinning at 1500rpms?

Last edited:
I would take a wild guess by saying a little less than half the power used to make it turn at that speed.

Mike

well what about making a amplifier to make it go to 12v, another question say you have 6v ac and run that throw this: **broken link removed**
would it still be 6v dc?

Last edited:
It all depends on the size and style of stepper motor used.

When you say power do you mean power or volts or even amps.

I would think an average stepper spun a 1500 rpm would be pushing 100 volts but could be in the low amps range.

To rectifie ac volts to dc volts the resulting dc volts will be higher when using a bridge rectifier as you have shown.

Pete.

If it's a reluctance type of stepper motor, then I don't think there would be much voltage output, since there are no permanent magnets is such a device, and you need a magnetic field to generate a voltage.

well people have been using stepping motors to power leds at low rpms, i just cant afford a alternator and i would like to have a radio on my lawn mower put its a pull start and doesnt have the coil that you find on a electric start mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back