Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepping motor circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira_gr

some months ago i posted a question about the stepping motor m49sp-1

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/mitsumi-m49sp-1.42416/

from what i could figure out from the connectors the motor is a bipolar in spite the fact that the data sheet says it is unipolar because i can't find a fifth connector that unipolar motors have. after searching the net i found the following circuits

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

i went for the bipolar circuit and after i made the connections when i started the circuit the motor goes one step forward and one step backwards. my questions are

1. am i using the right circuit? if not at the unipolar circuit how should i make the connections? from the output of the ic3 (at the unipolar circuit) to pin 1 of the motor and from the pin 2 of the motor to 12v dc? (the same thing goes for the other 2 pins of the motor)

2. in this case the C and D phases of the circuit are ok to leave them empty?

Flip the wires on ONE of the two coils only. Sounds like you have a phase reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back