Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stop the battery from over charged how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munir

I used rectifier circuit to produce 9V and using this voltage i want to charge the battery as well as load will work also.As the main power in off then battery should provide the voltage to load.When the battery is full it must goes to cutoff because not to overcharge the battery like in UPS.
But i didnot find any solution to stop the battery from over charged.

Is that safe? TO blindly feed 9V to the battery all the time even if it's feeding the load at the same time. I don't think it is. THat will cause very high currents through the battery (pretty much a short-circuit) when the battery voltage is below 9V. What you need is an actualy charging circuit that adjusts output voltage to limit the current flowing into the battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back