Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Straight forward but good people

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi Guys

Here I go again. tvtech on a Mission.

Someone has to do this. I am not meek and mild. I am probably weak and wild. Does not matter. I found my home here at ETO and I appreciate all that happens here.

So, what do we have here??

1. Me (useless as I am sometimes).....nobody can condemn me because I admit it.... I call myself Stupid from time to time. Racial problems blocked. A White Guy not sensitive to Racial stuff...outstanding. I admit my stupidity. I pride myself with admitting when I have a "blonde moment".

ETO Protected.

2. Take myself and purposefully run myself down....why not??

ETO once again protected.

So, why not??

People that know what they are doing are not sensitive to criticism...they love it.

In fact, they thrive on it.

So that is why I love this place.

What say you Guys?

Regards,

tvtech

I pride myself with admitting when I have a "blonde moment".

I take strong exception to that, it is hairist !
Us blondes have to put up with this negative stereotyping and harrassment all the time.
I believe that this will only stop when human beings have evolved to the state where they have no folicles at all!

JimB

:D:D:D

I believe that this will only stop when human beings have evolved to the state where they have no folicles at all!

That must be right, or should I say left. Only about 10% of people can overcome the disability of being born right handed. We are called sinister, purely out of jealousy.

John

We are called sinister
Reminds me of an experience which I had in Bologna (Italy) some years ago.

I was returning back to the UK after a couple of weeks work in Italy and the Travel Department of the company which I worked for had booked me into a hotel in the centre of Bologna, opposite the railway station.
Why they had done this is beyond all reason, because VERY early in the morning I had to drive back out of town to go to the airport.
So, where to park the hire car overnight, as there was a big box of expensive stuff in the boot.
The hotel receptionist pointed me to a multistory car park where the hotel had an "arrangement" for reduced cost or free parking. So off I went there.
While I was discussing where to park with the attendant, in his very broken English, more broken than my Italian, it was obvious that he had the English words left and right swapped over in his head, and so we had a very jovial animated conversation in Italian and English with me explaining that left = sinstra and that right = destra.*
Once that was all sorted out, I asked him what time the parking was open in the morning, and it turned out to be something like 06:00, the time when I had to be at the airport to check in for the flight back to the UK.
So after all that, I still had to park the nice shiny hire car with its box of expensive bits out in the street which appeared to be the night time haunt of drug addicts and hookers. Luckily it survived unscathed.

The adventures with that car continued in the morning at the airport, I turned up at the car hire return place and it was shut, as in permanently closed and moved somewhere else! And no obvious signs as to where to go for the new car hire return place. I did eventually find it after driving around for a few minutes, and I was still in plenty of time to check in for the flight.

* Which brings us on the another thing which the Romans did for us.
The word dexterous, meaning capable with ones hands, is derived from the Latin for right or right handed.

Just another of my varied adventures with hire cars.

JimB

The word dexterous, meaning capable with ones hands, is derived from the Latin for right or right handed.
JimB

That finally explains ambidextrous. Now I have to find the root for Ambi?

Edit: In almost any language including Latin "Both" which I already thought it would be.

So, why do we call transistors BI-polar and some people AMBI-dextrous? Why aren't people called BI-dextrous?

It gets even more confusing whern we have "quad," "tetra," and "tetrakis" to deal with in chemistry. Try explaining the rationale for that (or Bi and Bis).

John

Last edited:
So, why do we call transistors BI-polar and some people AMBI-dextrous? Why aren't people called BI-dextrous?

John

Now I am confused; so if a Transistor is ( Collector > Emitter )

Are you saying ..... I could only pickup things with one hand and throw with the other? :rolleyes:

Not getting enough done as is; I'd spend all day at the grocery and never come home with anything.

kv

Edit: Thanks John; miss the food editorials.

Last edited:
I don't remember what its called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back