Stranded truck, please help

A-a-ron

Hi everyone,
First time posting here obviously. I have lots of auto electrical experience but im not Mr Wizard and im stuck in a situation that I accidentally got myself into. It's a long story which I will be happy to tell anyone that wants to hear.

Trying to diagnose a separate issue on my truck, i changed out my central timer module (CTM). I bought a used one that unbeknownst to me had the security option enabled on it. I tried it in my truck (plug and play) and it did not fix my other issue so but i had no new issues so i left it in. Well i accidentally managed to arm the security system that I didnt know it had and because i did not get fobs with said module i have no way to disarm it. Had a dealer tech friend of mine try the factory scan tool and we get "no response" (maybe why the module was on ebay? Lol).

Through my research, I believe I can disarm it by cycling the key cylinder lock switch in the door. The problem is that Dodge stopped installing that switch decades ago cause they had so many problems. It was definitely not installed on mine in 2001. Since the switch is not available anywhere in the galaxy (Ive looked) i am hoping to be able to make one to simulate the signal that the CTM needs to see to hopefully disarm this thing and get my truck back on the road.

There are more details if anyone wants them but i left them out cause i didnt believe them to be relevant.

Here are the specs to my needed switch:

Can something like this be made with a momentary two way switch and some potentiometers that are calibrated? I know enough to diagnose most issues but I want to consult those that im sure know more than I do.

Thank you to anyone that can help me!

You could just use a momentary switch with a 12 kOhm resistance in parallel. Because the 12 kOhm resistance would be connected all the time, you would need to adjust the other resistances slightly. They would be 680 Ohms and 1800 Ohms. Put one in series with each side of the momentary switch, and connect the common of the momentary switch to one end of the 12 kOhm resistor, and the other end of the two lower value resistors to the other end of the 12 kOhm resistor.

The values of 680 Ohms and 1800 Ohms are far more common than the 644 Ohms and 1565 Ohms, so I guess GM did it that way.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…