Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange equipment thrown to the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like fried electrolytic capacitors.

Yep looks like cooked 'lytics to me too. Pretty big though, I wonder what they were out of/what happened...

It looks somewhat like a spent battery of aerial bombs used in large fireworks displays... and four of them failed to ignite.

there are 3 of them, indeed they look like capacitors but are they? the white part of that thing that looks like plastic i think it isn't... it looked more to aluminum or something. Also there were some other stuff around that looked like burned ralays. The red label it's kinda like warning for the way the device must be connected.

also notice the date! :p the device expires on 2009?! or it was built on 2009? :D:D

Last edited:
Strange object

How about examining the bottom?

Stepping closer and hearing a definite steady clicking I can tell by experience it's a timed bomb. :D

If the tops are solid, they can't be fireworks.

However, the arrangement resembles pretty much the flare dispenser of the RF-4 (Phantom) :D

Arent the flares suppoed to fly, not the dispenser? :p

Arent the flares suppoed to fly, not the dispenser? :p

w.g.!

Of course the flares do fly. The arrangement of the dispenser is 6X4 pots containing the flare cartridges.

Before firing the lid is closed looking pretty much like the foreign object.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back