stressed enginer

Status
Not open for further replies.

onetobe7998

Hello im working on a tetherd rover with about 105 foot cord and the rc servo i have been using is analog . the problem is that i scoped it and it looks good but when i put pressure on it. It is not able to turn so i check to see if im losing control signal lose and im not does any one ideas to corect it

Last edited:

You sound stressed.. you will have to describe your problem a little bit better.. "when i put pressure on it" .... pressure on what?

You are not losing your control signals but the servo is not doing what?

Please describe your issue as if anybody who reads it doesn't have a clue about what you are doing...

Maybe the servo isn't powerful enough.
Maybe the servo's current in the very long cord is causing the voltage to the servo to be reduced which reduces its power.

I wonder how much drag a 105 ft cord has. I agree with AG - unless you have a really beefy servo, don't expect much power.

I would get a spring scale (like for weighing fish) and attach it to the bot. see how much pulling force it generates. I think you will be surprised at how little it is.

Not to criticize but when ever an engineer has a problem, they break it down into it's components and determine where the problem lies. I suggest a methodical approach and definitely post more info - servo model number and specs, bot weight, wheel size, wire size, failure scenario details and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…