Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stripboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

antknee

I need to mount a chip on my stripboard so essentially I need to take up one layer to isolate pins 1-4 from 5-8. Is there any easy way of doing this?

Thanks.

The way I do it is to score the copper track twice with a sharp knife, then apply the soldering iron to the cut section (with a dob of solder to aid conduction). This weakens the glue and the piece of track comes off easily after 2 ~ 3 seconds.

Last edited:
You can buy a trace-cutter from Veroboard which is just a drill bit in a handle. I simply twist a drill bit in my fingers or use a drill press. The trace is cut at a hole that has no wire in it.

Last edited:
Or you can opt for donut boards, they're much more customizable, and you can fit in components snugly.
here's what mine looked like:
**broken link removed**

I used the extra resistor/capacitor leads which are not needed, clipped them off and put 'em in a container. Then, use it at will, which makes it look like a PCB.
A very important tool: a pair of tweezers to bend the lining with precision. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back