Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stripped Breadboard - where do you buy yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zevon8

Hi, I build alot of one-off, simple circuits that I use breadboard for assembly. Nothing in complexity or volume to justify a real PCB ( even with a sharpie marker )

I am looking for a supplier of the type of breadboard that has solid lines of copper running one end to the other. My current supply has dried up and so far everthing I have seen online is by Vero, which I don't think comes this way, and Vero's brutal prices could pay for PCB's in oneshot quantity.

Online is fine, preferably from North America. Any leads greatly appreciated

below is a picture of what I'm looking for: ( swiped the picture from Nigel's website ... thanks Nigel :D )

Attachments

• bareboard1.jpg
    bareboard1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 856
Hi thanks for the replies.

Nigel: yep, it's called Veroboard, but that brand is not carried by any of my regular suppliers. Everyone seems to only carry "Vector" who does not make the single sided parallel bus style. They make every hole pattern and PC / Eurocard / IBM / Backplane, zigzag style card also, but no straight buss type. ( that I could see anyways , even on their website )

pittuck, ya I agree, seems like a noob request, :oops: but I really am having problems getting the single sided parallel buss style. Digikey also has Vector, but not Vero. Only one pattern is close, but they want $30 for 4" by 6", I think a tad too much money.

What I have been buying is the same as in the picture, and its about $10 for a sheet about 6" x 12" more reasonable.

Maybe with laser printing PCB's the market has dried up?

I almost wonder if the two companies have simply divided up sales territory and decided not to compete.

tried ebay? u can usually get loads from there ;)

**broken link removed**

pretty cheap, posts to the US too

thanks pittuck, that's exactly what I had been buying. I may just have to go the EBay way, and grab a load form somwhere.

I looked some more online, and so far not much luck. I am buying this for work, so a business account and someone who can ship is needed. I have found a few "mom and pop" surplus type places, but I can't drive around or send a driver to pick this stuff up.

I can't believe how hard this has been. not so many years ago this stuff was as common as a 47K resistor.

if you have a saw and an unetched PCB, then saw some lines down it, drill some holes, and you get a veroboard. I know its a crude way of doing it, but hey, it is an idea.

True, there are some really neat items at sparkfun. Will have to keep them in mind for some projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back