Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stubborn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hello ETO again. I post here because I can.

I have many worries.

Why is it that there are so many stubborn people out there...there are some that "know a lot".
There are those that "know a lot...but do not share a lot".
Then there are those that "post a lot but know squat".
And those that ask a lot...

Sitting here tonight thinking about this.....tonight I went out of my way to bring back a regular poster here from way back....everything he knows I must still learn. Brought him back...but is way too serious. It's like people will not treat him seriously if he jokes.....

Craziest stuff ever :(

Speaking for myself...I only speak CRT. Nigel now and again spars with me. (Well most times :))

Thing is, people who have lot's to share and post here feel intimidated at times.....it's like they feel "PRIVATE CLUB". Members only.

I mean, ETO is a really special place. ETO needs to open up a little more......I mean we are really are a bunch of people that like people.

But don't tolerate arguing amongst Members ever....we are smarter than that. And as much as a Member here might have a difference in opinion to me, it has never happened.

It's like we understand each other....I am sure that many Members here at times wondered what I was on about from time to time....

Thing is....once you make ETO your home...it will stay your home. You never feel threatened coming back. I know. Ask me

All the best,
tvtech
:)

Last edited:
TV said:
Thing is, people who have lot's to share and post here feel intimidated at times.....it's like they feel "PRIVATE CLUB". Members only.

I mean, ETO is a really special place. ETO needs to open up a little more......I mean we are really are a bunch of people that like people.

I hope members do not feel intimidated... That's the last thing we want...

Tolerance has to be well thought out... Anyone seeking help here will get my attention... If I cannot reply I will wait until someone else does. If no-one replies I try and kick it off.... Some of the "askers" have difficulties when posing questions. Some do not converse in English as well as others, some feel as if they are taking our time unnecessarily. Tolerance for the "slow to learn" and for the slightly autistic...

If there are any members out there that think their questions are stupid or think they will be laughed off the site, then all I can say is try me... I will even try and re-word if necessary so the question will get the replies to help..

If you remember back at school, nearly every teacher will end a subject with this line..
Teacher said:
Is that clear everybody? Is there any questions?

Everyone in the classroom will look round to see if anyone puts the hand in the air...
Teacher said:
No-one.... Good! Right get on with it !!
If only you knew that when you raise your hand and say..
You said:
I'm very sorry sir, I still don't follow..
The teacher WILL reply.
Teacher said:
Anyone else not following the subject
Then you will see everyone else breath a sigh of relief as you then find out that you weren't the only one with a problem..

If more people ask the question, the site will become more and more interesting..

Ask away!!!

And something else....so what if other Forums out there think ETO is done and dusted.....

ETO was never a gathering of fools...ETO has the best advise on the NET ever...We have Champs here that stay here. And only here..
Other Forums brag about stuff...we don't brag. We prove....

ETO is here to stay. We don't talk smart. We walk the talk too...

And, funnily enough, a bit of humor too......funny hey:)

Only people who know what they are doing find serious things funny
..Lesser people wonder too much....There is the catch....

As a tvtech going on 25 Years of HV....I know where to draw the line between funny and dangerous...and all....All is dangerous. Put your tools down and relax here. Simple. End of story...

Have a beer and relax.....

Regards,
tvtech

You know what...it's so true....I am like a mother hen when it comes to helping people not get shocked.

Caution always. Think before you do.

Cluck cluck.

tvtech

LOL...talking to myself and clucking...

Oh well, that's what we do here....cluck, cluck, cluck...:wideyed:

Regards,
tvtech

More clucks..the neighbors refuse to stop :arghh:

Enough of this nonsense. Ducks don't quack this late....and they are listening to music too........???

Special intelligent ducks.....they have Aerosmith playing now...I give up. Why so much noise...
Are they hiding something....

I plan going "live" on FB soon....I have hidden away from mates for far too long...

I remember this post from way back...... and the reaction......I think Jim saw it first...a reaction from him was "you work on that"...

I planned to find the photo tonight...Lost but here...

And you know what...most of us that are are active here now have been here since a round 2010.....
It's like a Club....

Stay well Guys,
tvtech

^^^^All mixed up. Don't know what to do first :)

Best of the best. So much good here..where do I start :D

You know who,

LOL @ my posts speaking to myself....I thought about deleting them today....NAH...keep them here I decided.

Why not. As crazy as I am I believe others out there/here go through similar stuff when Neighbors play music into the night...and then you cant sleep and then you are on ETO....and think you are a Duck...well it's better than nothing:) Quack, quack.

They are quite tonight...so far :woot:

Hope it stays like that

Regards,
tvtech

I hope members do not feel intimidated... That's the last thing we want...

Tolerance has to be well thought out... Anyone seeking help here will get my attention... If I cannot reply I will wait until someone else does. If no-one replies I try and kick it off.... Some of the "askers" have difficulties when posing questions. Some do not converse in English as well as others, some feel as if they are taking our time unnecessarily. Tolerance for the "slow to learn" and for the slightly autistic...

If there are any members out there that think their questions are stupid or think they will be laughed off the site, then all I can say is try me... I will even try and re-word if necessary so the question will get the replies to help..

If you remember back at school, nearly every teacher will end a subject with this line..

Everyone in the classroom will look round to see if anyone puts the hand in the air...

If only you knew that when you raise your hand and say..

The teacher WILL reply.

Then you will see everyone else breath a sigh of relief as you then find out that you weren't the only one with a problem..

If more people ask the question, the site will become more and more interesting..

Ask away!!!

Not taking anything away from the other very helpful members/mods/admin, but this is one of the things which Eric always ended a post with....
"Do you follow?"

Either a "Yes", or "No" reply got followed up with the next step in the OP's line of questioning, or a re-hash in slightly different terms of the problem not being fully understood.

Kinda missing Eric's input lately, along with quite a few other previously very active members:
Mike K8LH
Pommie
Geko
Mr RB
Atomsoft
Blueroom Electronics (Bill)
Bryan1
3v0
Blueteeth
Roff
Hitech
Plus a few others that I have missed out, due to not remembering names.

Granted, people move around to different places, but the forum seemed much more alive when those people were posting prolifically.

P.S. @TV:
The 1st sign of madness is talking to yourself.
The 2nd sign is answering yourself.......
The 3rd sign is arguing with yourself.....
Keep on keeping us amused buddy.

Regards.

Mick said:
Granted, people move around to different places, but the forum seemed much more alive when those people were posting prolifically.

These people can only respond when the subjects are valid.... There has been a drop in reasonable questions.. Without questions there can be no answer...

Most of these people left because there were one or two members trashing every thread and causing upset....

Members will restart when there is something to comment on!

These people can only respond when the subjects are valid.... There has been a drop in reasonable questions.. Without questions there can be no answer...

Most of these people left because there were one or two members trashing every thread and causing upset....

That pretty well sums up my participation around here.

I just don't see a lot of threads I can sink my teeth into anymore that justify my bothering with passing along what I know on the subject.

That and when I do I usually end up in nit pick debate about my method and reasonings over trivial points of the design and or it's intended application. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back