Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stupid IE breaks my ghmicro.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

Pommie pointed out to me today that my http://ghmicro.com site isn't rendering properly in IE browsers. I didn't test on IE so I didn't know. And what a broken, horrible mess it makes of my nice work! :D

IE is not even close to standards-compliant. Microsoft pretty much makes up their own ways of doing things and ignores the standards. If you want to see the site properly browse it with Firefox or Opera or other standards compliant browser.

I'm going thru it right now and making the necessary fixes so buggy, crappy IE will display it correctly. It will take a bit of time.

August Treubig said:
You mean the EXPLODER???
Yes, the Exploder strikes again. I foolishly assumed that Joomla would make the necessary fixes to work around IE's bugs. So I didn't test. But it didn't fix anything, and the site is harshly broken when viewed in IE.

Support and use Firefox!! :D
You can say that again! :D

The only reason why IE is popular is because MS bundled it with Windows.

Even though they've improved it with in 7, it still isn't good enough. They still haven't implemented important standards like SGV yet which is holding back the web.

Hero999 said:
The only reason why IE is popular is because MS bundled it with Windows.

Even though they've improved it with in 7, it still isn't good enough. They still haven't implemented important standards like SGV yet which is holding back the web.
No proper support for PNG's either. GIF's just won't cut it anymore.

Incorrect rendering of quite a few CSS things. Still have to do stupid workarounds to make things work like they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back