Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sub-binary theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaCaRdi

Can anyone offer any enlightenment on this subject please. A starting seed of thought would work for now. I am guessing sub-binary radix? Almost like a spoke an hub, again the math escapes me, unless in geometrical depiction.

Maybe this can't be taught without it, which I would understand. However, I am a firm believer that anything can be explained in a physcial representation, in steps.

Best regards,
-BaC

Last edited:
I know "natural" logs are base e, but in my life I have no practical use for them. As for a sub-binary radix, why would anyone use a base lower than 2?

Would it be just as a fun mental experiment for intellectual stimulation? How would you represent the numerals? Why?

Last edited:
In short, yes an exercise..lol

Rant Begin;

Simple because I am curious. Yes a training via proxy if you would, based on your intellectual grasp, in your eyes per se.

If I can think of it, I can grasp it in my own right. I do notice that there are allot of miscommunication here via clash of terminology(Language)

Case in point, to me the way registers latch, is more meaning full to their absolute relation. Thinking of them mechanically is much more meaningful to my reality. However I know there is an order of things, but I can now visualize the operations mechanically. I can now think of a switch, and a parent switch, if the partner is bound to a state, that state must be satisfied. It really doesn't matter to me, that their can be n amounts of state(s) and switches or just a single switch. It's just a layering process in my reality/grasp.

Having many ways-of-though available permits the observer to bound it to their reality This to me is the beauty of forums knowledge in general, open-source:p

Metaphorically I would say it's sort of a dance, a master student type. This Wu-Li way of thought works in my reality. But we may indeed argue simply because the terminology or ways-of-though are clashing.

Rant End.

-BaC
Edit: On the Wu Li type thinking, there is really no master nor a student, that is also a dance. Their roles dance in time, the only real separation between them is their wisdom the master is enlightened through the student's child like eyes.

I know "natural" logs are base e, but in my life I have no practical use for them. As for a sub-binary radix, why would anyone use a base lower than 2?

Would it be just as a fun mental experiment for intellectual stimulation? How would you represent the numerals? Why?

Last edited:
If by sub-binary radix you mean either zero or one, then I can say without fear of contradiction that they cannot be used to represent the integers. One raised to any power is one, rendering powers of one useless. Zero to any power > 0 is zero, again rendering powers of zero useless for representation.

Here is a link
Radix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The radix is an integer that is greater than 1 (or less than negative 1), since a radix of zero would not have any digits, and a radix of 1 would only have the zero digit. Negative bases are rarely used. In a system with a negative radix, numbers may have many different possible representations."

Here's the link for negative bases
Negative base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
This is where I fail, math skills.

What is the center of such a radix if it's number is not 0?

In other words a practical impossibility to relate, to common knowledge.

-BaC
If by sub-binary radix you mean either zero or one, then I can say without fear of contradiction that they cannot be used to represent the integers. One raised to any power is one, rendering powers of one useless. Zero to any power > 0 is zero, again rendering powers of zero useless for representation.

Here is a link
Radix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The radix is an integer that is greater than 1 (or less than negative 1), since a radix of zero would not have any digits, and a radix of 1 would only have the zero digit. Negative bases are rarely used. In a system with a negative radix, numbers may have many different possible representations."
It is also possible to use negative numbers as a radix, but the representation of numbers is not unique.

Here's the link for negative bases
Negative base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
getting there a bit now....

-BaC
This is where I fail, math skills.

What is the center of such a radix if it's number is not 0?

In other words a practical impossibility to relate, to common knowledge.

-BaC

Bacardi, your location implies that you are now on Earth. Are you originally from Mars?:D

A fractional radix is a FRACTAL which means that a sub binary theory is fractal theory. It's also super binary since any fractional number words even 2.57 as well as 0.87.

Fractal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Fractal dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fractal tiles associated to generalised radix representations and shift radix systems.
Fractals & the Fractal Dimension

In addition to fractals you might want to explore the FUZZY universe between binary 0 and 1. Fuzzy v.s. Crisp logic is an important area of electronics with many products incorporating fuzzy logic controllers. Japanese air conditioners come to mind.

Fuzzy logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fuzzy set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well I know sub-binary now...
No Kidding It's A Fractal reality

I was able to see the Radix with sub binary, within sub binary to infinity.

I don't need information on Fractals..Didn't I say I am an Quantum Physicist? :eek:
-BaC

A fractional radix is a FRACTAL which means that a sub binary theory is fractal theory. It's also super binary since any fractional number words even 2.57 as well as 0.87.

Fractal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Fractal dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fractal tiles associated to generalised radix representations and shift radix systems.
Fractals & the Fractal Dimension

In addition to fractals you might want to explore the FUZZY universe between binary 0 and 1. Fuzzy v.s. Crisp logic is an important area of electronics with many products incorporating fuzzy logic controllers. Japanese air conditioners come to mind.

Fuzzy logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fuzzy set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you tried P. Cubensis.......they might help!

^ I think he already did.

"Fuzzy Logic" was marketing hype. The concept wasn't any different from things engineers have been doing since before I was born.

Sure did Matey :p

Always love the why question.....Make me say...that means do it..lol

-BaC

:rolleyes:

^ I think he already did.

"Fuzzy Logic" was marketing hype. The concept wasn't any different from things engineers have been doing since before I was born.

Marketing hype. "If A is bigger than B then do X, unless C is bigger than B, then do Y." What's new there? Nothing. Marketing guys trying to promote the term "Fuzzy Logic", and that's it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back