Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sugar Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
TrevorP said:
So I just saw a film here: http://news.worldwild.org/green-design-rock-paper-and-sugar-battery/

About Sugar Batteries...and actually I'd like to know what you guys think of them. I mean if they turn to water there is no way to make them rechargeable obviously. So do they work? and are they something we are going to see in the future?
I saw a video there about rock-papahh, not rock-paper. It made a nice wrapper for a sandwitch and an umbrulla, not a battery.

Its a simple REDOX reaction. Sugar goes to CO2. It is hard to get it reduced back to sugar. That's why we grow corn. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back