Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Super Flux LED's amazing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

udi_hakim

I recently discovered the Super Flux LED's and i have to recommend about this very bright, strong an beautiful LED's!

Its very new and still expansive thing but it worth every penny!
I got amazed when i pluged it into my circuit and blurred by its very bright light.

It looks like this:
**broken link removed**
and it comes in all the regular colors: Blue, Red, Green, White and orange!

Get it!!!!

udi_hakim said:
I recently discovered the Super Flux LED's and i have to recommend about this very bright, strong an beautiful LED's!

Its very new and still expansive thing but it worth every penny!
I got amazed when i pluged it into my circuit and blurred by its very bright light.

It looks like this:
**broken link removed**
and it comes in all the regular colors: Blue, Red, Green, White and orange!

Get it!!!!

Have you seen the LUMILED products, they have configurations that will burn your retinas. When I saw one, I knew it would be bright since the LED was rated for 10 Watts and it was on a heat sink! yikes!

Optikon said:
Have you seen the LUMILED products, they have configurations that will burn your retinas. When I saw one, I knew it would be bright since the LED was rated for 10 Watts and it was on a heat sink! yikes!

In my materials class last semester, the prof had an LED mounted in a heatsink with a fan. He was carrying it around like it was going to kill him or something. We asked him what it was (I thought it was a P1 fan or something), and he's like "Make lots of light. Get wery hot. Lots and lots of light. Don't look at it."

I think he mentioned later on that it was rated for 25 watts or something rediculous like that.

Big LEDS rule

I'm messing with White led illumination now as it happens. my little circuit, and I mean small (11x11mm) Obviously all SMD.

It Pulse drives a white led to high brightness from a single AA battery (Alkaline or NiMh) which runs for days on Alkaline and about 40/50 hours on a NiMh battery (1600mA). It will give useful light right down to about 0.84 Volts, which is handy, as it often works on semi-flat Alkaline AA's.

I'm looking at using a Super TOPLED White (EOH-SAWEBO), SMT, 350mA DC or 500mA pulsed. Should light the place up a bit, although I wont be running this at full power, as it won't have a heatsink in my application.

Steve

I have red & aqua LEDs in a normal T1-3/4 case that are 10,000 candela or more. The Super Flux is only like half that.

Lumiled's Luxeon line is way, way more powerful than anything else. They come in 1, 3, and 5 watt emitters. The 3W emitter takes 700mA! If you've seen anything more powerful, then it's because they used several emitters. The 5W aren't a good idea, they lose efficiency so they don't put out as much light as they should, and cost around 3x more. The 3W ones are awesome.

The light is incredibly powerful, it's a bit more efficient than other LEDs, but only if well heatsinked (high temps degrade the efficiency). BTW, it'll burn up in seconds if not minimally heatsinked. LEDs aren't a miracle of efficiency though, they're in the same neighborhood as efficient incandescents and well below the efficiency of flourescents.

You're right- 10,000 mcd. 10 candela. You gotta get on my back just because I'm off by 3 orders of magnitude? ;-)

This is a pretty direct place to get Luxeons. They have all the parts there, and are fairly direct on how far some are backordered. The downside is they charge a lot for shipping, and positively gouge you if you want it right away. I assume this is international shipping, but nowhere on the site does it say what country it's coming from. If they're charging $29.50 for UPS 3-day out of Oklahoma, I'd be pissed.

https://www.luxeonstar.com/

**broken link removed**

This site is almost entirely LED related. Lots of very bright, up to 5 watts. Prices are very low, shipping is cheap (china -> USA, $7.32). Used them several times, never disappointed.

Should have some 25,000 mcd 5mm reds and some 4 chip white pirahna's early next week from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back