Superimpose Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramussons

Hi all,

I have a photo of the track side of a PCB which has been flipped as to view then track thru' the board.
I have another photo of the component side of the same PCB.

Is there a way of super imposing one over the other so that the circuit diagram can be easily traced?

Thanks,

Ramesh

hi Ramesh,
I use Paint Shop Pro.

Load all the pcb images into PSPro

Select and copy an image , flip or mirror, then paste as a 'transparent selection' onto another image.

Do you follow OK.

If you get stuck post your images and I will try to edit them as you ask.

E.

Free programs: Irfanview + Windows Paint
Irfanview can be used to do the thresholding to convert the tracks to black/white and set the transparency (not actually required). Windows paint can then be used to overlay the tracks in the manner mentioned by Eric above

Thanks alec_t and dougy83.

I have Irfan View. I'm running Win XP SP2 and the windows paint does not support layers.

I'll try GIMP 2.

Ramesh

Windows paint can paste with a transparent background colour. GIMP should certainly be able to accomplish it as well.

Irfanview can also superimpose images. Go to Edit/Insert overlay. You can set the overlay transparency.

Irfanview can also superimpose images. Go to Edit/Insert overlay. You can set the overlay transparency.
I didn't know that. Unfortunately you have to specify offset coordinates. It's easier in paint as you can drag the overlay around and resize it until it fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…