Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch and diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nescafe

Hi, can someone confirm that the schematic below will work safely?

Thank You.

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 162
Your simple diode-OR configuration looks fine to me. I assume the diode forward voltage drop won't affect the triggering of the relay driver C and that there is a pulldown on the relay drivers already (or that they don't require a pull-down).

Thank You dougy83, the relay driver is ON Semi NUD3112 or NUD3105 and it have pull down R embedded, diode is 1N4004 and the drop voltage is low enough for driver VGS treshold. I'm worrying about current flow loop, maybe I'm paranoid :D

When both switches are on, there is no leakage current to worry about.

ahahaha......my bad, I mean when one switch is on....., do this circuit is safe as using "OR" logic gate?

this circuit is safe as using "OR" logic gate?
The 'safety' is probably similar. A diode failing open or short circuit would result in false operation; but so would failure of a logic gate.

Hi,
this is for audio device, so no body will harm, and by safe I mean is the possibility for the diode to fail compare to the logic considering the diode will directly connect to VCC (big current).

But the logic circuit also "will directly connect to VCC (big current)". I don't understand your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back