Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch Tansistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungck

Sorry for asking stupid question like this, i just wanna comfirm am i right about the connection of these simple circuit.

wat i wish is to use a 5V signal to trigger a 24v input.
My control signal is 5V which i will connect to the transistor base with resistor in series, then i supply a 24V source to the collector with resistor in series as well.

So wat i wanna ask is:
1) is the way i connect this circuit correct?
2) where should i connect my output device, at the collector or emitter?
3) wat value of resistor i should be using and can i use transistor 9013?

Thanks for ur time reading and help.

You need to tell us what the load is.

But with that circuit configuration it needs to be in the collector.

You might look at the "Hardware Extras" part of my PIC tutorial, which covers this sort of thing.

Actually i am trying to activate a valve with 24V, so i don think i load would affect much. If it is connected to collector, is it the +ve of valve to collector and -ve of vale to the emmiter.

And can 9013 support this?

Thanks for ur help, i really do apppreaciate it.

ungck said:
Actually i am trying to activate a valve with 24V, so i don think i load would affect much. If it is connected to collector, is it the +ve of valve to collector and -ve of vale to the emmiter.

And can 9013 support this?

Thanks for ur help, i really do apppreaciate it.

hi.
Refer attached datasheet.

If the solenoid valve is 24V dc operation, it would be connected with +V end of the solenoid to the +24Vdc power supply and the -V end of the solenoid would be connected to the collector of the transistor.

The problem is you have not told us the current required by the solenoid or its resistance. This would determine if the current rating of the transistor is high enough for the solenoid.

If you drive a solenoid with a transistor you MUST have a clamping diode across the solenoid.

Do you follow this.?

Last edited:
i think i get wat u mean. i did try to connect the solenoiid valve at the collector with a diode parallel to it and it do works.

Thanks for ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back