Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch TV Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

salinesurfer

Hi all, my first post.
I would like your opinions on my first electronics project.
I want to replace the Analogue TV receiver in my TEVION (TDR251HD) Digital video recorder, with the Standard Definition HD TV receiver from a TEVION Set Top Box.
If possible it would mean that I could continue to use the DVR after the Government switches off the Analogue TV Transmission. Thanks.

Good luck with that. I just ran across a similar problem... How to record off the air. The U.S. changed to digital last year, and I used the converter box for a while, but eventually bought a 32" Digital TV, since I was using a 19" computer monitor (long story). Anyway, With the converter box, I was able to record programs, but gave the box to my brother, when I got the new TV. Now, having a need, I'm not seeing anyway to record, doesn't seem to be any outputs, only a dozen inputs. Maybe I missed something, the manual was kind of thin, as the TV was a refurbished model ($259 for 32", later found it poorly reviewed). Works great, no problems in the 6 months I've had it.

I can't say what you want to do, is impossible, but don't think it would be as simple as swapping out the guts. They seem worlds a part, but who knows, might get lucky. Not really stuff I have a strong interest in, maybe someone else who's into such things. I am interested in this, as I'd like to use an analog recorder with my digital TV, but kind of looks like I'll need to buy a digital one.

Replacing an analog tuner with a digital tuner would be a difficult task, even for one experienced with electronics. And if you could get it to receive signals it's unlikely you could get the recorder to give the proper signals required to select a particular channel.

I suggest you just use a digital TV to analog converter box. You'd have to select the channel manually for the station you want to record but that's likely the best you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back