Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switcher CAD III and wav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

I want to inport and export .wav files in switcher cad to simulate a audio filter.But i get some random skipes out of th wave,

How to make WAV files that SW CAD understands?

Ask the guys on the yahoo group

Did you read this section of the SwitcherCAD help file?

Syntax: Vxxx n+ n- wavefile=<filename> [chan=<nnn>]
This allows a .wav file to be used as an input to LTspice. <filename> is either a full, absolute path for the .wav file or a relative path computed from the directory containing the simulation schematic or netlist.* Double quotes may be used to specify a path containing spaces.* The .wav file may contain up to 65536 channels, numbered 0 to 65535.* Chan may be set to specify which channel is used.* By default, the first channel, number 0, is used.* The .wav file is interpreted as having a full scale range from -1V to 1V.

This source only has meaning in a .tran analysis.

Sorry Ron, I forgot that you frequent both groups. The OP should still go to the yahoo group to learn more.

Papabravo said:
Sorry Ron, I forgot that you frequent both groups. The OP should still go to the yahoo group to learn more.
Well, I've never tried a WAV file as a source. I just know that the help file is pretty extensive, and a lot of questions can be answered by reading it. The OP may have already done so. If that's the case, the Yahoo group is really good, as you pointed out.

I tryed searching in the help for anywhing cotaning wav and dodnt get anything.This seciton that you postes describes the use of chanels.I always used a mono file as set chanel to 0.

Someone Electro said:
I tryed searching in the help for anywhing cotaning wav and dodnt get anything.This seciton that you postes describes the use of chanels.I always used a mono file as set chanel to 0.
Can you post you WAV file, or a link to it?

I was fooling whith the settings a bit and now it works.

Filter sounds good by the way hehe.

It takes a lot of procesing power my 3Ghz P4 could do at most 100ms in the sim in 1 second mostly got below 50ms per second.

Could you by any chance post your project files and the WAV you used? I am interested in playing with this, I didn't realize you could input a WAV file and filter it like that! very cool.

I was desigening a active low pass filter.

I have a 20 second chop out of englands eurovision song.I can also post the save file and output if anyone wants.

I wish SW CAD III was more user frendly.

Here they are! The audio input and output,also the save file

I can post it in the projects when its done if you guys are interested(We dont have much audio amps in the projects anyway)

EDIT: Note that thins is not a very good way of doing audio editing.I used it as filter design becuse it better than wathing a freqecy response curve.

Attachments

• audioin.zip
    825.8 KB · Views: 122
  • audioout.zip
    753.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Spice_save.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Well it's useful to me because I have one project where I would like to try and remove background road noise from voice recorded by a microphone in a moving car, and since I don't know specifically what band of frequencies I need to reject in order to get the audio to be accepted by the speech recognition software, it would be nice to be able to do it all in a simulator so I don't have to spend hours swapping parts in and out of a breadboarded circuit... then when finished I can just put it all on a small PCB and be done with it.

For doing what you want to do Evandude, you could try direct-x or vst processing. They usually need a host, but there are some standalone ones. Here is a demo of a parametric standalone EQ if you're interested:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back