Switcher CAD III and wav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

I want to inport and export .wav files in switcher cad to simulate a audio filter.But i get some random skipes out of th wave,

How to make WAV files that SW CAD understands?

Did you read this section of the SwitcherCAD help file?

Sorry Ron, I forgot that you frequent both groups. The OP should still go to the yahoo group to learn more.

Papabravo said:
Sorry Ron, I forgot that you frequent both groups. The OP should still go to the yahoo group to learn more.
Well, I've never tried a WAV file as a source. I just know that the help file is pretty extensive, and a lot of questions can be answered by reading it. The OP may have already done so. If that's the case, the Yahoo group is really good, as you pointed out.

I tryed searching in the help for anywhing cotaning wav and dodnt get anything.This seciton that you postes describes the use of chanels.I always used a mono file as set chanel to 0.

Someone Electro said:
I tryed searching in the help for anywhing cotaning wav and dodnt get anything.This seciton that you postes describes the use of chanels.I always used a mono file as set chanel to 0.
Can you post you WAV file, or a link to it?

I was fooling whith the settings a bit and now it works.

Filter sounds good by the way hehe.

It takes a lot of procesing power my 3Ghz P4 could do at most 100ms in the sim in 1 second mostly got below 50ms per second.

Could you by any chance post your project files and the WAV you used? I am interested in playing with this, I didn't realize you could input a WAV file and filter it like that! very cool.

I was desigening a active low pass filter.

I have a 20 second chop out of englands eurovision song.I can also post the save file and output if anyone wants.

I wish SW CAD III was more user frendly.

well, I mainly wanted to see your project files to see how to actually input, filter, and output a wav file with switchercad.

Here they are! The audio input and output,also the save file

I can post it in the projects when its done if you guys are interested(We dont have much audio amps in the projects anyway)

EDIT: Note that thins is not a very good way of doing audio editing.I used it as filter design becuse it better than wathing a freqecy response curve.

Attachments

• audioin.zip
    825.8 KB · Views: 122
  • audioout.zip
    753.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Spice_save.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Well it's useful to me because I have one project where I would like to try and remove background road noise from voice recorded by a microphone in a moving car, and since I don't know specifically what band of frequencies I need to reject in order to get the audio to be accepted by the speech recognition software, it would be nice to be able to do it all in a simulator so I don't have to spend hours swapping parts in and out of a breadboarded circuit... then when finished I can just put it all on a small PCB and be done with it.

For doing what you want to do Evandude, you could try direct-x or vst processing. They usually need a host, but there are some standalone ones. Here is a demo of a parametric standalone EQ if you're interested:

**broken link removed**

nice, thanks! that should help me figure out what kind of frequency response I need to start with for a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…