Switching between -4.8V and -3.2V in Micro seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalikZain

I need a fast switching circuit to switch between two negative voltage sources (-4.8V and -3.2V). I tried some circuits but not achieving the required result. I am new to this and don't hava a good practice with transistors and mosfets so that's why facing trouble. Can any body please provide me the way of achieving the solution, any circuit or any idea?

What is the current requirement and what will the switch be driven by - eg. the control voltage levels?

If it's purely a voltage level, a simple analog multiplexer would do it, eg. a DG408 / DG409.
They have a rated operating delay of around 160nS

What are the control signal characteristics, and what power supply voltages do you have available?

What are the control signal characteristics, and what power supply voltages do you have available?
Control signal is 0 to 5 volts. I have two voltage sources, one at - 4.8V and second at - 3.2V. I am getting these voltages from a DC DC regulator.

Can you switch one off and then the other on with a short gap in-between, or does it have to switch directly between the two in <500ns?
If its that latter, then you have to add a small delay to insure one switch is off before the other turns on, to minimize any short-circuit current between the two supplies.
I have two voltage sources, one at - 4.8V and second at - 3.2V. I am getting these voltages from a DC DC regulator.
So where is the 5V coming from?

Last edited:
What exactly is the purpose of switching these two negative voltages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…