switching voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I woul like to know how to switch a main battery when the battery reaches 13.5Volts. When the other battery reaches 13,5 volts the charging circuit is switched back to the main battery I would like to switch a relay which then switches a solenoid.
Could you supply a circuit for this progect.

hi,
A precise way would be to use a dual comparator IC, each comparator circuit driving a transistor/relay.
When the main battery is less than 13.5V its comp/relay is ON, charging the main battery.
As it reaches 13.5V, comp/relay #2 secondary battery charge circuit is Enabled.
If the secondary battery is less than 13.5V, the secondary battery starts to charge.

Should the main battery fall below 13.5V then it will disable the secondary comparator.

You will need to add hysteresis to the comparators to prevent the relays from chattering at the 13.5V switch over point.
OK.?

Last edited:

Simple, concise, clear and direct to the subject. What a great explanation Eric.
You are a teacher by nature ( or shall we say by default )

Last edited:
I have drawn up a circuit I have not had a lot of experiance doing this.
I have used a Comparator to detect the voltage difference to switch a relay and then the relay will switch a solenoid to charg the secondary battery . When the main battery gets below the set voltage then the transistor will switch off and the main battery will be charged.
Could you help me with this circuit or make alterations to my attachement.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…