Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Syncronous motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOMAP

Hello guys. I am doing a little project which is a rotary dryer and I am using a Synchronous Motor TYC AC 220-240V 4W 5-6 r/min CCW/CW. My question is how to wire it to power it? I have tried connecting straight to the mains but it does not work. I have then replaced the one used in the turning table of my microwave and it does work so its not faulty. Do I need a transformer or a capacitor or .....Please help:) Thank you

If it's a basic two wire "hysteresis" motor as those generally appear to be, then AC power is all that is needed.

They start in a random direction, but must have a low inertia load to work, otherwise they will just "buzz" or reverse continuously and not turn reliably.

If it's anything other than a two wire one, please add a picture of the exact motor?

It is 2 wires. It works when connected instead of the microwave turntable motor but not when connected straight to the mains
9DC06013-3EBE-42E4-AB5E-DDDDECE08BED.jpeg
4AE2D3DF-537D-4131-912A-63F51EF53C7E.jpeg

If it's a basic two wire "hysteresis" motor as those generally appear to be, then AC power is all that is needed.

They start in a random direction, but must have a low inertia load to work, otherwise they will just "buzz" or reverse continuously and not turn reliably.

If it's anything other than a two wire one, please add a picture of the exact motor?

Attachments

• 3A2D0E40-DCAA-4547-8BF5-422B38B722AA.jpeg
    3A2D0E40-DCAA-4547-8BF5-422B38B722AA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back