Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

System doesn't boot at first Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiz

Hi guys!
I just bought a new pc hoping to have some fun with it but it is making a fun of me!:confused:

The problem is that the system doesn't boot up at first integration and it wont at second.It will boot at the third!Once it boots than if u restart the computer or even if shut down it and then press the on/off button it will boot. But when I put the main power supply cable off or just pull it out from mains and then again insert it in to the mains it wont boot at all.I have to shut it down and the try again and it will boot at third time!

The processor fan spins the power supply light on's but no output at monitor.
I have tried hard to figur out the problem but I can't so I need you help!

I have the following hardware:
Intel D965RYCK mainboard
Intel Pentium D processor 3.40 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB 2*2Mb Cashe
Kingston 512 MB Ram
Seagate Hard Disk SATA 180 GB
ASUS DVD-RW
Conexant 56k Modem
TV tuner card Alfa Digital PH7130

Take it back to the shop and they should either refund you, replace it or repair it.

Last edited:
raiz said:
Hi guys!
I just bought a new pc hoping to have some fun with it but it is making a fun of me!:confused:

The problem is that the system doesn't boot up at first integration and it wont at second.It will boot at the third!Once it boots than if u restart the computer or even if shut down it and then press the on/off button it will boot. But when I put the main power supply cable off or just pull it out from mains and then again insert it in to the mains it wont boot at all.I have to shut it down and the try again and it will boot at third time!

The processor fan spins the power supply light on's but no output at monitor.
I have tried hard to figur out the problem but I can't so I need you help!

I have the following hardware:
Intel D965RYCK mainboard
Intel Pentium D processor 3.40 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB 2*2Mb Cashe
Kingston 512 MB Ram
Seagate Hard Disk SATA 180 GB
ASUS DVD-RW
Conexant 56k Modem
TV tuner card Alfa Digital PH7130
Hi Raiz,it seems to be some problem with power supply or with motherboard.

hi raiz,
When you have powered the PC up and its working.

Check your standby and sleep mode settings for the PC and Display monitor.
Use the 'help' to find the correct dialog boxes.

I just solved the problem by updating the BIOS to the latest version and the computer works smoothly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back