Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Talky Walky

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

Here's an entertaining PM spam that was sent to me from a new menber .... :confused::confused::confused:

(name and email intentionally witheld)
hello i'm _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ XXX from morroco,i want help about your projet talky walky.i'm in a second years at EST "ecole superieur de technologie" it's the laste year,ans i have a talky walky as project.so please help me,this is my mail _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ @ hotmail.com, and thinks to you.

So, can anybody here find the mysterious thread on my so-called Talky Walky projet? I must have been sleep-typing when I created it!! :p;)

Last edited:
This guy is illprepared and illiterate.

Isn't a talky walky something like a phell sone, except it only works over dort shistances?

Is it this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't a talky walky something like a phell sone, except it only works over dort shistances?

Is it this guy?
No it's not him. This goober somehow came to believe that I'm working on a talky walky and wants my circuit. I do like the concept of dort shistances though.:D Given all that I respectfully submit the following design that should meet all the requirements mentioned:

6494-phone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Flaxed twine might work- it's very strong and weather resistant.

The main benefit to phone technology of that sort is when the monthly phone bill arrives, there are no strings attached.

I wonder if we have any forum members from Kazakhstan? Do they have the internet?
Appears they do
The Internet in Kazakhstan: welcome to the land of $3,355 per month DSL
The Internet in Kazakhstan: welcome to the land of $3,355 per month DSL

By Nate Anderson | Published: July 27, 2007 - 01:39PM CT
With DSL prices like these, it's no wonder Borat left Kazakhstan behind.1 A new report from the **broken link removed** (PDF) paints a grim picture of Internet access in Kazakhstan and shows how difficult life can be for those in poor and authoritarian countries who want to join the worldwide community of Internet users.
Consider the prices for Internet access, for one. Most users (and only four percent of the country even has access) hook up through state-owned Kazakhtelecom, a company not concerned with competitive pricing for its services. An unlimited dial-up plan costs about €82 ($111) in a country where the average monthly wage is €292 ($399). As for DSL, an unlimited 1.5Mbps connection costs €2,458 ($3,355) a month, and doesn't even included the required ADSL modem. Want a 6Mbps cable connection? It'll cost you, to the tune of €16,144 ($22,032) a month. As the OSCE report drily notes, this is more than a thousand times the price of such a connection in Western Europe.
**broken link removed**
Nice car too.

Last edited:
You need electricity for the Internet to work.
You need electricity for a personal computer to work.
You need gainful employment to afford electricity and a computer.
You need to understand that Kazakhstan likely has neither of those three items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back