Tall SMD tact switch required please. - Any leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All.

I've asked about this before (about 5 or 6 months ago, but the thread got sent off track). - I'm asking again in case any of you have seen what I'm looking for:

I am looking for an SMD tact switch with a long actuator, ideally around 20mm. (I am aware that PCB, rather than SMD, versions exist).

I've had no luck so far, beyond finding a 9.5mm high switch on Farnell UK. (- I've just contacted them to inquire whether they do the next highest in the series which is 13mm.)

Do any of you know where I could find such a thing, please?

Thanks in advance.

Analogue.

Hi Analogue,

A few years ago I needed some tactiles that were 35mm high at least and could only get 20mm then.

I simply made a few adaptors, its really easy. Just get some plastic the same diameter as the tactiles button size and add to the length of the originals. Then you could get a sleeve of plastic that fits around them and glue it in place, or do like I did and just shrink fit them together! I found that 2 layers of shrink fit made the whole joint very solid.

Hope this helps.

Al

220C150QBLK from E-Switch

1241.1624.71 from Schurter Inc

and see attached.

All a little short but close

@ All who have responded: Thanks for your suggestions. - This is the kind of thing I'm looking for, but in an SMD version: 20mm(+) high, footprint ideally about 6x6mm (need a relatively small footprint to keep size of circuit-board reasonable):

https://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=S1119

- I contacted their company a while ago: They could get the SMD version, but their minimum order was about 10,000 pieces (no, I'm not exaggerating: literally). - Far more than I require and obviously not economical for me. Pity, since the price per unit seems ok.

@ KJ6EAD: Thanks for the link. - Yes, many manufacturers have c.15mm, but 20mm (and beyond) seems almost impossible to find.

@ Bigal_Scorpio: Very good solution, Bigal - thanks. But right now I'm looking for an "off-the-shelf" switch. - Are you able to recall who had the 20mm version you mentioned, please?

@ ronsimpson: Thanks for the suggestions, ron. - Certainly getting close to what I'm looking for regarding height.

Analogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…