Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Taller, now faster - Dubai police get Lamborghinis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a car.

You can go buy a second hand sports bike for $5000 that will outperform it. Especially in a recession like this. So I would not be too envious. ;)

Speaking as a petrol head I would agree that they are very nice toys for the boys while they are at work.

However it is all show, a case of "nice fur coat but no knickers".

Not a very practical vehicle for doing "policeman stuff" on a day to day basis.

Mr RB said:
You can go buy a second hand sports bike for $5000 that will outperform it. Especially in a recession like this.
True, but this is Dubai.
The price of a Lambourghini is just small change.

Putting my eurocentric hat on, in a recession like this I think that the oil rich middle eastern states should by LOTS and LOTS of very expensive big boys toys which are made in Europe, especially Italy which has a particularly poor economic situation.

JimB

Last edited:
Around here I am starting to see a number of four door off road pickups being used by the local police and highway patrol.

I guess they didn't like being outran out in the oil field roads. :p

so how would an offender fit inside a Lambourghini...it doesn't look very roomy..

;);):D

@tvtech. Can you imagine our cops trying to climb into one of those Lambo's? They hardly fit into a Toyota HiLiux :)

;);):D

@tvtech. Can you imagine our cops trying to climb into one of those Lambo's? They hardly fit into a Toyota HiLiux :)

LOL:D:D:D:D

I can just picture it....
The thought cracks me up :D:D:D

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
The article pretty well gives the impression that they are largely just for show.

I suspect that should they need to arrest anyone they just call in backup and have a normal police vehicle come and haul the person away. ;)

The article pretty well gives the impression that they are largely just for show.

I suspect that should they need to arrest anyone they just call in backup and have a normal police vehicle come and haul the person away. ;)

Hi tcmtech

Picture this....

High speed car chase. Lambo in pursuit with capable Cop who is armed and can drive the Lambo. Properly.

Lambo is on the move and catches up with target/offender.
Stays behind and follows target/offender whilst relaying real time info to HQ. Police can see GPS position.

Lambo is pursuit vehicle chasing the thugs just waiting for them to make a stuff up. Normal Cops with guns are waiting and ready cause they know where to be cause the Lambo....

I believe I have just written a new movie script here.

Bruce Willis think about it. I can make you a rich man :p

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Bruce Willis think about it. I can make you a rich man

What makes you think I am not a rich man now? I do live in oil country, have oil and tech stocks you should know! :p

Okay I am not rich but compared to where I was 4 years ago I am way up from where I was! :D

How many people do you know that own an classic fire truck while still being in their mid 30's and can take a whole summer off just to work on their new house project? :p

What makes you think I am not a rich man now? I do live in oil country, have oil and tech stocks you should know! :p

Okay I am not rich but compared to where I was 4 years ago I am way up from where I was! :D

How many people do you know that own an classic fire truck while still being in their mid 30's and can take a whole summer off just to work on their new house project? :p

LOL :p

You are as crazy as me :D

We keep the World interesting for sane Folks out there.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back