Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Taping into buttons

cheapie408

I have a variable speed pump that does not have wifi and would like to add one.

Found a youtube video of someone taping into the buttons of the controller using a WiFi relay to mimic a button press. Is it safe to assume that most if not all buttons are some forum of dry contact?

The buttons are connected using a ribbon cable to the board in the photo below. There are a total of 7 buttons on the keypad and a total of 9 pins on the ribbon cable. I measure the current and it appears that it's operating on 5V.

I don't know much about electronics but I'm guessing the keypress should send 5v to whatever the trigger is?

What's the best way to figure out which buttons to press? Would I be measuring for continuity or voltage? 20241020_171444.png20241020_171417.jpg20241020_171410.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know much about electronics but I'm guessing the keypress should send 5v to whatever the trigger is?
Sometimes the button is connected to 5v with a resistor. the button connects button to ground when pressed.

Otherwise, the button is connected to ground with a resistor. When the button is pressed, it connects the button to 5v.

Latest threads

Back