Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TCM-200DV no output surface mount soldering

carolmaille

The ribbon type cables seem to be soldered in, no connectors and I have one with 9 leads that is not connected to the board any longer. I cant seem to solder it (I dont have surface mount kit) so I was wondering if I can use some copper track sticky backed. Does anyone have a method please ? Thanks

Last edited:
Well I had two not working, one belongs to my neighbour and the other I bought for about £20 broken. So thankfully the one I bought was just the belt so that is working (hurray). How lucky is that? The second one I am stuck with trying to resolder some tiny wires. Someone suggested I wrap some wire around the solder tip (mains wire) of the iron and that does give me a finer point and I can get one wire to solder but so far not all seven at the same time. So still work in progress. Photos later

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back