TCP implementation using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintan_jagani

I want to implement all the TCP/IP layers into the microcontroller by myself to enable any serial device to communicate with a remote server through internet (not using any such readymade product), which microcontroller should I use and what will be the conducive features of this microcontroller that would be helpful to me in this project? What would be the price of this microcontroller?

there are "picostack" type tcp stacks out there, some of which are simple enough to compile for microchip PIC processers.

this one is awesome ... tcp on an 8 pin pic:
**broken link removed**

questions:
Are you going to implement an ethernet interface?
What sort of data rates do you need?
What kind of server/application are you doing?

In general, if you want to put together a small, slow and cheap (~US$40 in parts, small quantity) webserver its possible, but it will be exceedingly slow, and there is a large amount of firmware/software that will have to be written.

Personnaly i use Charron 1 module and Lantronix ones. KISS engineering to stay away from the stack and all the plah plah stuff.

I'd ordered those from Rabbit.. but never had time to play with. One day

help for implementing TCP/IP

Thanks for replying and I'm sorry for such a late response.
Actually I want to make a kit which when connected to a remote serial device must directly connect it through the internet to the device server. On the side of device I have my kit connected to the serial device through RS232 cable. The serial data will be processed by the TCP protocols implemented into the microcontroller. This data passes through the already existing internet network to the server machine which is a fixed destination.In short, my connections go this way,

serial device <=> Kit <=> modem <=> internet n/w <=> modem <=> server

Also I have problems regarding dialing of modem, routing the serial data to fixed remote server.

Note:1. There is no computer at the side of serial device.
2. Data rate must be about 10Mbps.

Since I am still a student correct me if I go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…