Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tek 2445A *high quality* PDF user manual needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone :)

I wonder if someone could help me; I am looking for a high quality PDF copy of the Tek 2445A user manual. I have searched high and low, even through the Google Drive folder I shared yesterday, but the only copy I seem to find is the rather appalling quality copy which is 2.9MB - no good for printing whatsoever.

Does anyone happen to have a multi-megabyte HIGH quality scanned copy? I wish to print this on my laser, tonight.

SOLVED.

[UPDATE]

Here is a direct link to a VERY high quality scanned, searchable copy of the 2445A/2455A/2465A + options, user manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a81q6d0rq8qtm0/2445A-2455A-2465A-USER-MANUAL-OPTIONS-SEARCHABLE.pdf?dl=1

Last edited:
Thought it would get you in the ballpark. Is there much difference? Between 2445 and 2445A?

Here are some "A" version manuals. http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=Tektronix/Tektronix_-_2445_Oscilloscope

If I can wait, these guys: http://www.bestvaluecopy.com/ do an excellent job printing. I haven't asked them to do engineering folds yet, but I was super happy with a 270 page full color manual with two inserted documents, one being a set of notes pages. Spring bound with clear front and solid back printed on 28 lb paper.

We had a minor communication issue since three files were included. Because of document protection, I was unable to combine the pdf's.

They don't have # of pages vs thickness, but certain bindings have thickness limits. Cost wise, it's not worth doing it yourself.

For smaller B&W manuals, I have done them this way: Print on duplex 28 lb paper all pages at 8.5 x 11. Then put on a flash drive the larger sheets and add them back. I have Staples print them, then I fold them and hand them back to be spiral bound.

I have yet to deal with the mucked up manuals with random pages inserted.

I did, but never completed a copy of a book bound A4 manual. I used the Staples copy machines with my own A4 paper bought from Staples and copied every single page on the glass single-sided with margin shift etc. My scanner broke, so i never finished the conversion.

11x17 or 8.5 x 14 pages can cost me about $1.00 each to be scanned. $20.00 min. charge. While U wait.

I went through a whole lot of experimentation to do blueprints and the most effective is to drop it off at a CAD place and don't put any time limits on it. Scanning to TIFF at a high resolution was $10.00 and $5.00 to print. They scanned when their scanner was not being used, Win-win for all.

Fed-ex and Staples don't have the expertise to do it right.

AT Fed-ex/Kinkos you can scan smaller documents yourself. NO ADF.

Here are some "A" version manuals. http://www.ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=Tektronix/Tektronix_-_2445_Oscilloscope

If I can wait, these guys: http://www.bestvaluecopy.com/ do an excellent job printing. I haven't asked them to do engineering folds yet, but I was super happy with a 270 page full color manual with two inserted documents, one being a set of notes pages. Spring bound with clear front and solid back printed on 28 lb paper.

We had a minor communication issue since three files were included. Because of document protection, I was unable to combine the pdf's.

They don't have # of pages vs thickness, but certain bindings have thickness limits. Cost wise, it's not worth doing it yourself.

For smaller B&W manuals, I have done them this way: Print on duplex 28 lb paper all pages at 8.5 x 11. Then put on a flash drive the larger sheets and add them back. I have Staples print them, then I fold them and hand them back to be spiral bound.

I have yet to deal with the mucked up manuals with random pages inserted.

I did, but never completed a copy of a book bound A4 manual. I used the Staples copy machines with my own A4 paper bought from Staples and copied every single page on the glass single-sided with margin shift etc. My scanner broke, so i never finished the conversion.

11x17 or 8.5 x 14 pages can cost me about $1.00 each to be scanned. $20.00 min. charge. While U wait.

I went through a whole lot of experimentation to do blueprints and the most effective is to drop it off at a CAD place and don't put any time limits on it. Scanning to TIFF at a high resolution was $10.00 and $5.00 to print. They scanned when their scanner was not being used, Win-win for all.

Fed-ex and Staples don't have the expertise to do it right.

AT Fed-ex/Kinkos you can scan smaller documents yourself. NO ADF.

The link you referred me to does not contain a 2445A user manual, but thanks. [EDIT] - Found it; they have the same terribly scanned copy as the rest of the 'net. I am not sure what the rest of the post is about - I am simply printing duplex on my Konica laser, and ring binding in a folder - simple :)

Just for reference, I am in England, so all these American things don't apply :p

Thanks.

The link has the A options service manual. FWIW, a book on demand publishing was way cheaper than doing it myself.

Price doesn't matter - I have an unlimited supply of paper, and a FREE laser printer I was given with full carts - price = £0 for unlimited printing :)

Yes, and again - the manual you link to is the same, poor one :)

Thanks though.

OP edited - manual now available :)

[UPDATE]

Job done - my Konica threw out 186 crisp, laser printed quality pages in around 10 mins ;)

Here's my original manual, also, free with the 'scope along with 2x "P6137" probes :D

Attachments

• jobdone1.JPG
    jobdone1.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20140210_230234.jpg
    IMG_20140210_230234.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20140210_230322.jpg
    IMG_20140210_230322.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20140210_230329.jpg
    IMG_20140210_230329.jpg