Tek TDS1012 Data File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp1390

Hi, just a quick question regarding this oscilloscope (Tek TDS1012)

**broken link removed**

The manual says that it is capable of I/O but I have no idea how to save the data or save the data from the scope onto a disk or floppy.

I am wondering if there is any way that this scope can save a waveform's data in a text file.

Thanks!

If you read this manual with a focus on the TDS2CMA Communications Module section it provides a communication overview. However, what you really want to read is the full complete programmers guide. Tek also marketed a software bundle (can't recall the name) that made for easy communication between their scope products and PCs.

<EDIT> The software I had in mind was WaveStar and can be found here. I believe they do have trial versions. It has been years since I worked with it. </EDIT>
Ron

Last edited:
Thank you for your post! I am actually wondering HOW I get the data out. I mean, what port is the data read from? I can't find anything on the machine lol. No serial port, USB, flash... Unless I am missing it...

Now I get it. The communications module(s) are options available. The ports would be on the back of the scope. If you already have the scope and there are no com connectors on the back, the scope was bought sans the communication module(s).

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…