Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

satchid

Dear all,

Please bear with me, I have it difficult to explain what I am looking for.

I want to record a piece of music via the telephone line, but when an A (la) is played, then the answering machine hears this as an end of call and switches off.

To solve this I want to know the following:
How can i detect on a telephone line that the calling party putted down the hook, and then automatically do the same on the near side. (similar to an answer machine).
I can not use the end call (blocks of 440Hz separated by blanks) signaling of the telephone line because then it switches the line of when someone plays an A on an instrument.
Could I do this this way: let a picaxe detect the tone (blocks of 440Hz separated by blanks) and form an other slow square wave as a result of the blocks of 440Hz. With other words) when the 440Hz is on the signal is high and low when there is a silence. Then count a few of the blocks, and then switch the line off.
How would I proceed with the code? I have little experience with microprocessors.

If someone has a better idea to solve tis problem, I would appreciate the info.

Willy

PS: A picaxe is an easy to program microprocessors.

the simplest detection that comes to mind is an absence of signal.

If nothing is present for a short period, maybe 20 seconds ?
then the machine could be set to hang up.

Using tones and notes would be troublesome,
as they could appear in music.

A telephone is not a good medium for music,
as you probably know.

Best of luck with it, John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back